Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

I had a bone marrow aspiration/b ...

Posted Feb 21 2009 11:34pm
I had a bone marrow aspiration/biopsy this morning and all went well. The preliminary results just came in and the most important thing is that I'm only showing 2% blasts. Normal is between 0%-5%. Woohoo! There are other tests pending that won't be in for a few weeks. Now we just sit and wait.

My APN let me know that I'm tentatively scheduled to be released from the ATC on Thursday. They surprised me when they cut me loose with the last transplant. I remember tearing out of the ATC to pack up the apartment and escape from MDA. This time around we're going to take a little more time. I have a complete pulmonary function test scheduled for Friday and an appointment in the GvHD clinic the following Thursday. I'm really hoping that an appointment to have my catheter removed magically appears on my schedule between now and then. It's not that I mind getting IV meds and let's face it, if you have to have them, not getting stuck in the arm is the way to go, but I'd really like to take a shower without having to place a cling film patch over my chest.

I started tapering my steroids over a week ago and I'm scheduled for another taper this Friday. So far, so good. I haven't had any GvH flares. I've managed to get my snacking under control and kept the weight gain to a minimum. Just two pounds, so far. I thought it would be much worse. So much so, that I dreaded putting on my "skinny" jeans. With much dread I put them on yesterday. I shouldn't have worried--the muffin top was minimal.

The magnesium situation is still a small problem. It went up a little, but not nearly enough. My APN doesn't want me to increase the amount I take because of that annoying little side effect that involves planning my days around the nearest bathroom. We're going to wait and see what the numbers are on Thursday. My fingers and toes are crossed.
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches