The next workshop coming up is “Introduction to Ayurveda”: Wed. Sept. 10, 6:30 - 8:00 PM With Victoria Alara, graduate of Ayurveda Institute of America
Come learn about an ancient science for living well that promotes wholeness in body, mind, soul and spirit. With roots in India , Tibet and other Himalayan cultures, Ayurveda, "the study of living," is fast-becoming recognized all over the world as a deep resource for people interested in preventive medicine and holistic healthcare. In this introductory workshop we will touch briefly upon some of the basic concepts used in Ayurvedic methods of healing, and highlight some features distinguishing it among the healing modalities available today.
Register with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-601-4040 x111.
Also, take a look at support groups ongoing at the WCRC, which is at 5741 Telegraph Avenue in Oakland. If you are interested in attending or signing up for a group, please call the Helpline at (510) 420-7900 during their business hours: Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm. A volunteer will give you the name and number of the group you are interested in. Please wait to attend the group until you have spoken to the facilitator.
• Adults with Blood Cancers and their Families and Friends 1st Monday of the month, 7:30 – 9 pm Facilitators: Gail Splaver, Ph.D., LCSW (510) 527-3871 Nancee Hirano, RN, MS, AOCN (800) 232-9997+3, ext. 37720
• African American Women with Cancer 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month 6:30 pm – 8 pm
• Amigos y Familiares de Mujeres con Cancer (en espanol) 2do sabado por mes 1 a 3 pm
• Friends and Family 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month 7 pm – 8:30 pm
• Latinas con Cancer (en espanol) 2do sabado por mes 1 a 3 pm
• Post Treatment 1st and 3rd Mondays 7 pm – 8:30 pm
• Teen Support Group for teens who have a parent or guardian with cancer – This group is on hold due to low attendance. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Dolores at (510) 420-7900 x112.
• Women with Cancer 1st and 3rd Wednesdays 7 pm – 8:30 pm
• Women with Cancer 2nd and 4th Tuesdays 6 pm – 7:30 pm
• Women with Metastatic Cancer Every Tuesday, 5:30 pm – 7 pm Please contact the facilitator, Connie Holmes, for more information at (510) 898-0548; this is not a drop-in group.