Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

William Visits.

Posted Jun 20 2012 9:05am
I had the opportunity to babysit William overnight. It was great fun.

We went to Goodwill. He picked out a bright yellow truck with googly eyes and corn popper action. Great fun! Big smiles!

He waded in a puddle and loved it. Great fun! Big smiles!

He came home, had a snack, and then chased balls around the livingroom. Great fun! Big smiles!

We went outside and rolled the truck downhill several times. Great fun! Big smiles!

Grandpa came home. Great fun! Big smiles!

There was supper, during which little William dozed off. He was layed down for a short nap, but roused up after 45 minutes, because his grandparents definately had plans for sleeping that night.

We went to the playground. There were three little girls who were quite taken with 'the baby'. Great fun! Big smiles!

We went for an ice cream cone and William fed the ducks. Great fun! Big smiles!

We went to the grocery store. Great fun! Big smiles!

We came home and William had yogurt and raisins for a bedtime snack. Great fun! Big smiles!

There was a bubble bath. Great fun! Big smiles!

The power went out. William toddled around in the rapidly fading light, having one last play session with his truck and with his ball ramp, and with his pool noodle, which he likes to swing around. Great fun! Big smiles!

Then it was bedtime. Grandma rocked him for a while. Sensing that something was up, this is about the time when the fecal material hit the rotary oscillator. He began to squirm and howl. He was placed in his little bed which had been set up in the cool library (it has been exceedingly hot here). His grandma sat waiting for him to fall asleep. William cranked it up to full volume for several minutes. Then the power came on, and the ceiling fan started. William is a big fan of ceiling fans. He laid down to watch it in the dim light, and he dozed off almost instantly.

The last time he stayed overnight, he was up at 4:30 for a bottle, so when I woke up at about that time, I slipped out of bed and down the hall to the kitchen to get him a bottle. I sat in the living room and waited for him to wake up so that I could slip him a bottle allowing his grandfather those precious few moments of sleep before the alarm went off. Except that William slept straight on through to 7:30.

He is up now and all smiles. We have watched the birds as we ate our breakfast. He has rung the windchimes repeatedly. He has tossed our balls behind every piece of furniture in the house just to be able to run to grandma with alligator tears and fake sound effects. (Watching grandma crawl around on the floor is apparently some pretty entertaining stuff.)

He's a lot of fun, but goodness! I had forgotten just how much energy is contained in one small form.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches