final days of infection treatment and still a fever
Posted Oct 21 2012 10:56pm
This darned fever will not quit, and the last day of my treatment with Vancomysin is Wednesday. I am getting the impression that if this is not working, the port is going to have to come out to allow the infection to clear. I was really hoping that we would not need to do this as I really love my port, but now with these complications and this extended infection I have decided that we just need to do whatever is necessary to nip this problem. I am scheduled for chemo on Friday 10-26-12, just two days after the end of the antibiotic treatment, but I do not know what my oncologist will want to do at that point if this stupid infection is still hanging around.
So, it’s another day of lying low and trying to help my body clear itself of this nasty germ. I did manage to get out for a brief breakfast excursion since I felt reasonably strong this morning. That was a treat, but I realize I need to limit activity of any kind which seems to pump up my fever immediately.