I have a question and am looking for feedback from others- I had a biopsy due to bleeding from my left nipple which indicated cancerous cells. Mammogram nor Ultrasound indicated anything. I had surgery for the 2nd time on 6-22 where they removed more tissue and yet again more resulting in surgery 6-29 where they removed my nipple and took about 1/2 of my breast. At this point the pathology reports are showing that some cells were in the process of becoming invasive. On 7-29 I will have a mastectomy on my right side. My great grandmother had a double mastectomy in her 20's and ovarian tumor/cancer in her late 40's and my mother hasn't been to see a doctor since I was born (40yrs) I have no idea about her health. I have concerns about the other breast... I did arrange to have an MRI on the left breast which shows nothing. I don't want to have to possibly go through this in a few years with the left side I am contemplating a bilateral mastectomy. Must decide by tomorrow.
I think I would remove both as I had ILC almost three years ago I had two lumpactomy's to try saving my breasts but the cancer had spread so I had to have bilateral mastactomy. I am glad I did I had reconstruction diep\tram flap 12hr surgery it was rough but I am glad I did it. Hope this helps and best of luck with your decision. God Bless xxxxxxxxxxxx
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice,
diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your
physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere.
If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.