Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

No one told me I had this

Posted by Elaine

In June of 08 I was hit by a semi truck while riding as a passenger on a motorcycle.  Amazingly I lived and some damage to my arms.  I had to get the records from the hospital for the lawyer and looking through them I found something alarming which no one at the hospital ever told me about.  Is this something I need to seek immediate attention for and what does it mean?


Subcortical white matter low attenuation is present.  The finding is consistent with  a demyelinating process.  A vascular etiology is considered for this finding.
Answers (2)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
I would call the hospital and tell someone what you've found. Ask to speak to the doctor that treated you/took the tests.
Thanks.  I think I will ask my attorney what to do.  Maybe they should check it out.  I don't think it has anything to do with my accident.  It has more to do with a central nervous system disease like MS, Dementia, Lupus, Leukemia, stroke, and I was diagnosed with Fibromylagia 12 years ago.  I never believed in that because they said it was caused by depression.  I have cried and begged for someone to find out what was wrong with me and no one took me seriously.  I am upset that a doctor could have told me of this back in June of last year.  I could have had a stroke by now.  I just don't know which disease I have and can't get a could idea from just searching the text in my first posting but known of the choices are good!!  I'm not scared but I hate the idea of going through a whole weekend before I can even call a doctor!  I am a control freak I guess and I want to solve the puzzle.
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: