Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Having a Joshua evening

Posted Aug 24 2008 5:21pm
Last night Oceana woke up an hour after her bedtime screaming and crying. Matt went to check on her and she said she had to go to the bathroom. When he got her in there and took off her sleeper he found hot, red bumps all over her legs, arms, and some on her face. It seems to have been some type of allergic reaction. We changed her sheets, put her sheepie downstairs to go out in the sun, put some cream on the bumps, and Matt took her upstairs to bed. After two hours she was still awake and Matt was falling asleep. I took her downstairs and watched a few TV shows - trying to get her to lie down with me. At 1am I finally laid down and pulled up a blanket. The TV never got turned off. Dinner never got put away. The light never got turned off. And Oceana really never went to bed. She slept some, but woke up around 5am and was on and off awake till 6. I put on a movie after that and fell back asleep. Next thing I knew it was 8:50 and Matt had already left for work.

I got up and surveyed the damages. Sink full of dishes, Oceana's breakfast toast crumbled across the floor, all her toys out, and a mound of laundry. I put out the laundry, got dressed, and went to work. I figured I'd get more done if I didn't have to look at the mess all day. Oceana did pretty good for the day, except that I forgot her snacks, lunch, and diapers. So we did the diaper-patch with a paper towel after an accident and she scammed a bit of lunch off everyone else.

So we're doing better now... house is better, I did some work. Oceana fell asleep 20 minutes before dinner. Of course... She did eat dinner after a lot of tears and whining, and was up late because of home group. But she went to bed without a wimper, so I think we're all good.


I was doing some stuff for a friend's baby shower and while I was looking for something I spotted my hospital records from the day of Joshua's birth. I've read it before, but I wanted to remember the day again.

It was good. Until the end. When I read this again,

"Consensus of family, myself, and obstetric team for baby not to have any active management other than feeding as able and comfort cares."

I'm so glad we didn't listen to that.

Tomorrow Joshua would have been 134 days old.

Tomorrow Joshua will have been gone 67 days.
Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches