Dakim’s [m]Power Adopted by 150 Senior Living Communities ... (Business Wire)
- "Dakim Inc. announced today that its [ m ] Power ® Cognitive Fitness System has now been adopted by more than 150 senior living communities"
- "Users include Sunrise Senior Living, Front Porch Communities, Diakon Lutheran Services, Ecumen, Eskaton, Benchmark Assisted Living, and Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging. Several neurologists and a local Alzheimer ’ s Association chapter office have also purchased the system."
- “ Other products are static. You buy a CD, put it in the computer, and that ’ s it. People get bored and stop using them. Dakim has found a way to keep people coming back to challenge their ability, and that ’ s what our residents are doing. ” (said said Douglas Edwards, Director of Fund Development for Westminster Gardens in Duarte, California, part of the Southern California Presbyterian Homes)
Comment : senior living is one of the obvious areas where computerized cognitive training (or "brain fitness programs") has a brighter future to complement and enhance existing health and wellness programs in scalable ways, as we covered in our Market Report . We are no longer surprised by the weekly press releases announcing a new "brain fitness center" in community XYZ. Now, what I find interesting is that last quote by Douglas Edwards, which I interpret as a direct commentary on the Posit Science Brain Fitness program, the other leading vendor for the senior living communities market.
For related articles,
- Report Highlights : including our estimate of 400 residential facilities offering these kind of tools by end of 2007
- 10-Question Evaluation Checklist : for anyone considering buying a program
- Build Your Cognitive Reserve-Yaakov Stern : interview with a leading Cognitive Reserve researcher, on the potential value and limitations of computerized "brain fitness programs".
Benchmark Assisted Living , brain fitness centers , brain fitness program , brain fitness programs , challenge , cognitive fitness , cognitive fitness system , cognitive reserve , Cognitive Training , Computerized cognitive training , Dakim , Diakon Lutheran Services , Ecumen , Eskaton , Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging , mPower , Posit Science , ront Porch Communities , senior living , senior living communities , Sunrise Senior Living , Yaakov Stern