You can protect your brain from damage and aging by following a few guidelines on what to eat. Our brains work best when we follow the diets of our Stone-Age ancestors. Here are the best foods to eat to keep your brain healthy:
1. Fruits and vegetables: Especially eat strawberries, blueberries, spinach and those high in anti-oxidants.
2. Seafood & Fish: Particularly fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel and herring. If you don’t eat fish, you must supplement with fish oil capsules.
3. Nuts, dried beans and legumes: Avoid salty versions, but nuts and legumes are part of the Stone-Age diet that our ancestors used and their fats are attuned to our genes.
4. Eat poultry without skin, or very lean meats and game.
And here are some things to avoid:
1. Restrict omega-6 fats such as corn oil, hydrogenated vegetable oils, and transfatty acids. Switch to olive oil.
2. Restrict sugar and salt.
3. Restrict processed foods, which means packaged foods that come out of a factory. Whenever you can, use real food, you know, the stuff found in the produce section, fish and meats sections.
Because our growing processes are so highly refined in the US we may not be getting all the good minerals and vitamins we’re supposed to in our fresh food. Take vitamin and mineral supplements. It is impossible to totally imitate a nutrient-rich Stone-Age diet without a boost from supplements.
Want a boost for energy, concentration and focus? Try our Mind FX Science natural supplements.