Why Data Loss Frequently Happened in Computer Life?
Posted Jul 03 2013 3:45am
Data loss incidents happen everyday around us. Maybe there is nothing more frustrating then losing some important documents or files, especially you lost an important file which is made after a long time of hard work. As data loss affects a large number of computer users' work and life, so it is meaningful to make clear what are the common data loss causes. There are various data loss causes such as hard disk problem, human caused error, physical problems and more. For friends who have lost files on Mac, this data recovery software for Mac is recommended for your reference as it can help you recover any lost files on Mac.
Statistics about Main Data Loss Reasons
Just as the pie chart shows:
1. About 78% data loss is caused by hardware and system problems, such as hard drive crash, hard disk damage, system crash and more.
2. It is reported that human error is the second data loss cause, accounting for 11% of total data loss reasons. Wrong file deletion, accidental format, unexpected USB ejection and etc are common human errors.
3. The third data loss reason in statistics is software failure that gets 7 percent of data loss causes such as software corruption, malfunction, bug and etc.
4. According to statistics, the virus infection is another important data loss cause in digital life. Every year, about 2% data loss is cause by virus, such as malware, spyware, virus-infected file attachments and more.
5. About 1% data loss happens due to natural disasters, such as rain-wetted computer, computer stolen and etc.
6. About 1% data loss is cause by some other unknown reasons.
Have you already lost a lot of files due to the above reasons? Data loss is so common in computer life, so have you formed the good habit of backing up files regularly?
How Many People Backup Files?
To avoid file loss, maybe regular backup is one of the best ways. However, only a few people keep the good habit in work and life. As a data loss statistics reported, there are only 25% of computer users keep this good habit backup, and about 22% people add backing PC on their to-do list but seldom carry them out. File backup is one the effective data loss prevention tips. If you can back up important digital files regularly, this will keep you away from annoying file loss.
How to Recover Lost Files on Mac?
If you find files lost, firstly you can go to trash or recycle bin to check whether these files exist or not. If they have been emptied from trash, then you can try to restore lost files on Mac with a Data recovery application. By following the brief guide below, you can easily get lost files back within 4 steps:
1. install and start Kvisoft Data Recovery for Mac
2. select a media storage type to recover data from
3. choose Deep Scan and start file scanning
4. Preview files and do file recovery
By following the above four steps, anyone can easily rescue and recover missing data in a few clicks. No matter the data gets lost due to accidental deletion, format, system reinstallation, disk partition problem or other data loss causes, the Kvisoft Data Recovery for Mac can help you recover any file lost in a quick and safe way.