Thank you for stopping by. Thanks again for your prayers and encouragements.
Thank God for strengthening me day by day. I am feeling better and continuing to look to our Lord daily.
Recently, I shared about a very informative article by Dr David P Murray on " The causes of depression". Dr David P Murray did a series of 6 very useful and informative Lectures on " Depression and the Christian".
Another very useful and informative article by Dr David P Murray is his Lecture No. 4 on "The cures for depression".
Just as there is a spectrum of causes that can trigger off clinical depression, there is also a spectrum of means that can aid in recovery.
Recovery may also means different things to different people.
To some people, recovery means that they are totally free from relapses.
While for others, recovery can mean that they are more functional and able to revert to their activities for daily life at a moderate pace. Though symptoms may still appear every now and then, they are learning to manage their condition through various means and are no longer incapacitated by their conditions. I fall under the later group.
The following article provides us with some very helpful information on how we can work towards wellness and be more functional. However, different things may work at different rate and degrees for different individual due to our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual condition as well as our circumstances. Feeling well may be momentous but getting well takes time and effort, with much prayer and perseverance.
Hope you will find the following article helpful to your or your loved ones:
Thanks for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed week!
About depression, bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) and mental illness or mood disorders:
1. About bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness)
2. Myths and Facts on Mental Illness
3. Treatment of bipolar disorder
4. Various pamphlets and articles on bipolar disorder for sufferer and carer
5. Recovery steps for depression and bipolar disorder or manic-depressive illness
For friends and carers:
1. Helping someone with mood disorder
2. Family and Friends' Guide to Recovery from Depression and Bipolar Disorder
3. How Carers and Friends can help
Misc related posts:
1. Trust during rough times
2. Finding meaning in a life with bipolar disorder
3. Mental illness (depression, bipolar disorder, etc) is an illness like any other
4. Video on "Depression - A Stubborn Darkness"