"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3
Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Psalm 36:5"
Thanks for stopping by! Thanks for your prayers and encouragements.
♥ Today I am thankful to God for hearing our prayers for Emily and her family. Thank you for praying for Emily and her family. Thank God for His mercies and faithfulness!
Last Wednesday and Thursday, I shared that my friend, Peggy, has started " Mission 4 Monday" and while visiting M4M blogs, I came across Liza's Eyeview. Liza shared about her friend Emily who was hit by car on a Wednesday afternoon 2 weeks ago. Emily suffered multiple fractures. A surgery done on Saturday went well and thank God that on Tuesday 2nd Sept Emily has regained consciousness .
Thank God for His further mercies and faithfulness to Emily and her family. On Saturday, 6 September, Emily was moved out of the ICU. On Monday, 8 September, Emily was able to have her breakfast at the courtyard and able to make some phone calls. Praise and thank God!
♥ Thank God that w e serve a Great God Who is greater than any circumstances in our life!
He is a God that hears our prayers and delight to answer it according to His mercies.
What a mercy that we can come before our Heavenly Father's throne of grace daily to cast all our anxieties and care upon Him and to find strength, grace, joy and peace for each day to walk with Him and serve Him.
Please continue to join me in prayers for Emily and her family, if you can.
Josh Spencer's update on Wed, 10 September:
" ... Emily's personality, memory, and conversation abilities are coming back well. And her physical movements. It's mostly her cognitive abilities -- attention, judgement, social behavior skills, problem & decision-making skills, etc. -- which are lagging.
Everyone tells us it will take 6 months to a year of rehab for those functions to be healed, if they ever are. Most brain injury survivors need some form of rehab for the rest of their life, but many can still return to productive, "normal" lives with the right help.
Everyone, please continue to pray for the Lord to continue healing Emily's mind in whatever way he sees fit, and that our family would have the wisdom to do what's best for Emily, and for the medical system to do so also."
The rehab doctor told Linda that they may possibly send Emily home on Thursday or Friday! OK, this is advance report...not definite yet. The rehab doctor will make a decision on Wednesday (which is today). I will let you know of the decision as soon as I hear from Jenny or Linda.
1. For Emily's mind to continue to recover. We are so happy and excited about Emily saying words and "conversing". Considering the accident and the severity of her condition when she first got in the hospital, it's a miracle that she's talking and conversing at this time. However, she far from total recovery. At this point, she speaks in a "child like manner" and not yet the Emily that used to be before the accident. Therefore this is something we can focus our prayers on. For a complete healing of her mind.
2. For Emily's emotions. Jenny mentioned that Emily was sad yesterday. We can all understand that. We understand how she will go through a vast variety of emotions throughout the recovery process. Please keep her in prayer on that area. Emily is a strong and sweet young lady, and I know that she will get through this ordeal but it is not easy.
3. For the pain to subside and be gone. Jenny did not mention about the pain yesterday but I know that's a big issue. Please continue to pray that all the pain will subside.
4. For logistics, etc. - If the rehab doctor decides that Emily will be able to go home sometime this week, there will be a lot of decisions to make in term of logistics and support. Pray as the Spirit leads.
5. Strength and wisdom for Emily's family - this prayer request is from me, not from Jenny. I just know that Emily's family needs a lot of prayers for strength and wisdom during Emily's recovery. I know you are already praying for this, so this is just a reminder :)
Thank you so much for keeping up with the blog and for all your prayers and support. God bless you all.
♥ Thank God for preserving Emily and giving her a heart to serve the Lord even in her afflictions. Emily's mother, Linda wrote on Monday, 8 September:
".... Early this morning, when just Emily and I were awake, she was thanking the Lord and asking Him to use her. When I reminded her that He was using her in a mighty way thru her blog to thousands of people around the world, she nodded her head and said,"ok". I am constantly reminded of God's grace, goodness, faithfulness and powerful love in watching each small and large step that Emily is taking. Thank you for all the kind words but most of all your prayers. Each of us are witnesses to God's deep, deep love for his children. May He richly bless each of your lives.
In His Son's Worthy Name, Linda"
It is encouraging to read of how Emily is thinking of serving the Lord and asking Him to use her even in her affliction now! Praise God for using this accident to be a testimony of His mercies, goodness and faithfulness.
I was sure by now God You would have reached down And wiped our tears away Stepped in and saved the day But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls I barely hear Your whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away
And I'll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands For You are who You are No matter where I am And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand You never left my side And though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry to you And you raised me up again My strength is almost gone How can I carry on If I can't find You
But as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord The Maker of Heaven and Earth
This Praise You in This Storm is posted on Youtube:
Thank God that He loves us and is in control of all situations in our life so that even in the storm we can praise Him for His love, mercies and faithfulness.
♥ I am thankful to God once again for providing precious people in my life ie. my family, church, friends and blogging friends who love and care for me in their very wonderful ways.
♥ I am thankful to God once again for all of you, my dear blogging friends and visitors. I have been so greatly blessed by all of you and I thank God upon every remembrance of you. It is wonderful to read of how God is guiding and blessing you in your walk with our Lord and it encourages me in my walk with God too. Thanks again for your prayers and encouragements.
May you know God's love and care in very special ways today and everyday!
How about you? How has the Lord blessed you through the past week?
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a blessed and thankful day!
For more participants of Thankful Thursday, do visit Iris at Sting My Heart. It will be a very blessed and spiritually uplifting experience for you!