Adventures for the Cure (AFC) is gearing up for the upcoming events that the team is hosting this year. AFC is a 501c3 charity and USA registered cycling club that boasts a strong group of men, women, and juniors that race in all cycling disciplines. Here's a list and links, so come join us!
1. March 12 - AFC Sugar Hill Mountain Bike Race (Patapsco State Park) The 3rd annual AFC Sugar Hill XC Mountain Bike Race, will be on March 12th (rain date March 19th), 2011. We will be raising money for Extreme Weekend For Children With Diabetes and Kupenda For the Children. Get ready for another awesome AFC race!!!
2. April 9 - Leesburg Bakers Dozen The Leesburg Bakers Dozen mountain bike race has given us 10 spots to auction off for charity at their race on April 9th.
3. May 7 - Tour De Cure (Columbia, MD) Join our AFC Tour De Cure Team. Every year our team rallies behind this fun ride to raise money to fight diabetes with the American Diabetes Associate. Please join us and help out!
4. May 13-15 - Extreme Weekend For Children with Diabetes Extreme Weekend For Children with Diabetes is an annual weekend camp for children with diabetes. The next camp that was held on May 13-15, 2011. Go to DESTINY's website at http://www.diabetesdestiny.org to sign up.
5. August 7 - DUthe2 Duathalon (Western Regional Park, Howard County MD) On August 7th, 2011 DUthe2 Duathalon will be donating a portion of their proceeds to AFC (which will be sent to Extreme Weekend For Children With Diabetes and Kupenda For the Children). The race will be held at Western Regional Park in Howard County MD. AFC team members will be racing and volunteering at the race. Lets hope our cycling skillz hold up in a duathalon race :)
6. August 13 - Highway To Heaven, Ilchester Time Trial (Ellicot City, MD) On August 13th, 2011 AFC is partnering with the Chesapeake Wheelmen to host the Highway To Heaven Time Trial race up Ilchester Road. Racing up this hill is one of the hardest things you can do! Come out and give it your best shot. As usual, all of the proceeds made by AFC at this race will go towards our charity causes.