Mark your calendars! Austin Bike Summit 2011 coming on Sat, April 16
Posted Feb 07 2011 3:16pm
League of Bicycling Voters calling for presenters
The Austin Bike Summit 2011 is on for Saturday, April 16, from 8:30 AM- 6 PM at Pine Street Station, 1101 E. 5th St. at Waller St. The summit organized by the League of Bicycling Voters is a place to connect with cycling advocates and plan for a more bikeble future. There will be workshops, presentations, and a bike ride followed by some social time.
Speaking of workshops, Tom Wald with the League of Bicycling Voters is calling for volunteers to present their area of passion and expertise.
To help you brainstorm your workshop or presentation idea, here are last year’s summit workshops:
* Bike Programs at Schools – A comprehensive look at bike programming at schools including after-school programs, Safe Routes trainings, and the Boltage Program (f.k.a. “Freiker”).
* Promotional Campaigns and Resources: How do we make new cyclists? How do we support bicycle advertising?
* Advocacy Efforts in Austin Overview
* Opportunities for Social Rides
* Adult Cycling Education – How do we bring the education to riders? How do we create education “products” that “sell”?
* Advocate Training How to be effective
* Next steps: Help set the LOBV and bicycling agenda for the next two years
* Bicycle Facility Design in Austin
* Non-violence in road encounters
Likely new workshops at this year’s summit
* Successes in suburban neighborhood transportation cycling
* Reaching a broader audience for bicycling
* Near-Austin long trips; Working to develop a regional map and bike plan