The Texas Custom Bicycle Show is coming up in a few months, and I need to make room for new demo bikes. My need for space is your gain!
I am making the following custom Violet Crown Cycles bikes available for sale this summer. All were hand built by me here in Austin. If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 791-9874. Please note I will take credit card payments (Visa/Mastercard) however I will not ship bikes.
LaSalle Rando Travel Bike with belt drive: This bike was featured at the 2011 North America Handbuilt Bicycle Show and has been a consistent crowd pleaser. It is a foldable, travel version of the LaSalle Touring bike . Now it can be yours for 1/2 price!
- Approximantely 56cm frame- will fit riders in the 5’10″ to 6’2″ range.
- S&S Couplers with special wrench to break bike down into standard suitcase.
- Gates belt drive for clean, quite ridding with no chain stretch.
- 8 Speed internal Shimano Alfine hub with Versa integrated shifters.
- Dynamo hub powers both front and rear lights — No batteries needed!
- Leather tour saddle and handlebar wrap.
- Canvass handle bar bag included!
- Durable, scratch resistant powdercoat black frame and fork.
- About 750 miles ridden.
- More pictures here. Article about the build of this bike here.
Costs $3800 new, available to you for $1500.
Pa Ferguson city bike: This was one of the first demo bikes built for the popular Ferguson city bike model . It’s a great bike for around town riding and carrying things.
- Approximately 59 cm frame- – will fit riders in the 6′ to 6’6″ range.
- Comfortable, visible upright position.
- 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub with coaster brake.
- Sturmey Archer dynamo hub powers both front and rear built in lights.
- Leather saddle with cork grips.
- Built in frame lock.
- Great Dutch bike features: Fenders, rack, kickstand, chain guard, built-in lights (pannier bags not included.)
- Durable, scratch resistant powdercoat green frame, fork, fenders, rack, and chainguard.
- Built in 2009. About 250 miles ridden.
- More pictures here .
Costs $2750 new, available to you for $750.
Sam Houston Touring bike: The Sam Houston is a straight up all around great bike for commuting, touring, and even racing cyclocross. It’s been my favorite ride.
- Approximately 56 cm frame- will fit riders in the 5’10″ to 6’2″ range.
- Wide tire clearance for up to 38mm tires without fenders, 32 mm with fenders.
- Campy 9 speed Centaur with VO cantilever brakes.
- Double butted 32 spoke wheels with Miche hubs.
- Brooks saddle with leather bar wrap.
- New cabling/housing and tires installed.
- Durable, scratch resistant powdercoat “Eddie Merckx” orange.
- Rack, lights, and color matched fenders included.
- About 1000 miles ridden.
- More pictures here.