San Francisco Chiropractor and Former Migraine Headache Sufferer Comments:
I know first hand what it' s like to suffer with migraine headaches that nobody can figure out. I suffered with headaches so bad I was on disability...which is how I discovered chiropractic.
Like most headache sufferers...I trusted my doctors to know what they were doing and to be able to figure out what was wrong with me. The first thing that was done was to rule out something really bad like a brain tumor or ruptured blood vessel. My headaches came on suddenly so this did make sense.
Anyway...here are some of the warning signs that should lead to immediate medical attention (courtesy of www.webMD.com ):
· A sudden, new severe headache
· A headache that is associated with neurological (nerve) symptoms such as weakness, dizziness, sudden loss of balance or falling, numbness or tingling, paralysis, speech difficulties, mental confusion, seizures, personality changes/inappropriate behavior, or vision changes (blurry vision, double vision or blind spots)
· Headache with a fever, shortness of breath, fever, or rash
· Headache pain that awakens you at night
· Headaches with severe nausea and vomiting
· Headaches that occur after a head injury or accident
· Getting a new type of headache after age 55
Most headaches do not require urgent care...here is a partial list of some of the most common headache signs & symptoms (chiropractic can potentially help with these):
· Have three or more headaches per week
· Have headaches that keep getting worse and won' t go away
· Need to take a pain reliever every day or almost every day for your headaches
· Need more than 2-3 doses of over-the-counter medicationsper week to relieve headache symptoms
· Have headaches that are triggered by exertion, coughing, bending, or strenuous activity
· Have a history of headaches, but have noticed a recent change in your headache symptoms
So, while it makes sense to rule out serious illness when it comes to headaches...conventional medications and treatments often times fail to deliver and chiropractic should be considered.
Yesterday my brother felt a sudden headache, fever and he vomited too much. Actually before he got that headache he was well and doing his assignment from school. Then after five minutes he cried for he told us that he is not feeling well. He then was so hot and vomited. My brother is only 13 years old and I wonder what causes his sudden headache. So I look upon the net and I stumbled upon here. Still I need guidance and specific illness. I'm really anxious for my brother.