The Amazon Rainforest Deforestation-Global Warming-Obesity-Healthcare Crises-Budget Deficits- Link
Posted Jun 02 2009 4:32pm
San Francisco Chiropractor Comments:
In my opinion...one of the best newspapers in the world is the Financial Times (FT), published in the UK. Since we are a global economy (and eco-system)...I find it much more beneficial to look at the world news as a whole.
Anyway...there was yet another story in yesterdays FT about the deforestation of the Amazon (6/1/2009) entitled:
There continues to be ongoing destruction of the Amazon Rain-forest for cattle ranches that are directly linked to the increase in world appetite for beef products. I guess the world wants to be like us?
2. Brazilian ranchers seize opportunity to make money and burn down rain-forest to raise cattle causing incredible amounts of greenhouse gasses...the #1 cause.
3. Consumers eat too many beef products which is main driver of our obesity epidemic as well as ever increasing rates of Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Disease (diseases of excess).
4. Health-care costs spiral out of control because of ineffective drug therapies designed to treat the symptoms of diseases like Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Obesity rather than the cause...which is primarily the consumption of too many animal products.
5. City, State, and Federal Budgets are unable to fund these sky-rocketing health-care costs which cause budget deficits and lead to higher taxes, less police and fire protection, the firing of school teachers, etc.
6. Our Eco-system suffers all the consequences of global warming we all know about.
7. People die early in masses from diseases of abundance and the cycle continues.
*Numbers don' t lie.
We will see what happens with AB1478 here in California. That would be a good start.
San Francisco ChiropractorDr. Eben Davis is clinic director of Executive Express Chiropractic at the Embarcadero Center in the SF Financial District.