I go this crazy idea from another blog that I follow, penguins and lady bugs (you gotta love a name like that!). The original idea came from Day Zero. The basic idea is to pick 101 things that I want to do within 1001 days. I could do this although I ended up with 103 things and it would be fun to keep track of with the children. So here's the rules and my list. Why don't you join me? I'd love to see your list too. Michael & Leslie are going to do it with me ! Woohoo!
Creating your own 1001 Day Project
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific ( ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching ( ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
My list of 101 things (items in progress are in green & completed are in orange )
1. Reach 1st goal weight
2. Reach 2 nd goal weight
3. Reach 3rd goal weight
4. Reach final goal weight
5. Blog every day for 30 days (0/30)
6. Get a cleaning plan in place
7. Follow cleaning plan for 30 days in a row (0/30)
8. Do one business activity every day (0/1001)
9. Take 365 Challenge (0/365)
10. Take a pic & blog about every task completed
11. Stock Logan's pantry with 3 months food
12. Stock Logan's freezer (mixes, free range meat, grab n go meals)
13. Make menu plan for Logan every 3 months (0/11)
14. Tweak budget until it works
15. Do menu plan for us every 3 months (0/11)
16. Stock our pantry
17. Stock our freezer
18.Pay off truck (0/12,458)
19. Get debt free
20.Save down payment for a house (20%)
21. Finish dental work
22. Catch up on scrapbooks (Logan, Madison, family, Christmas, Tiger, wedding, vacations, Michael, me)
23. Go camping 5 xs in 5 new places (0/5)
24. Letterbox in 10 states (0/10)
25. Frame 1 thing every every 3 months (0/11)
26. Re do Logan's room
27. Re do Madison's room
28. Re do our room
29. Plant a garden
30. Meet one online friend IRL
31. Take kids on a Disney cruise
32. Attend a Nascar race
33. Attend a Red Sox vs. Yankees game @ Fenway Park
34. See the Patriots play @ Gillette Stadium
35. Institute Family Game Night 1x per month (0/32)
36. Institute Family Devotional 2x per week (0/128)
37. Take each child out alone 1x per month (0/32)
38. Go someplace special on our anniversary (0/3)
39. Go out on a date with Michael 1x per month (0/32)
40. Read the Bible from beginning to end with the children
41. Go tv free one day per week (0/128)
42. Clean out my email in box
43. Get a pedicure 1x per month (0/32)
44. Read 1 book per month (0/32)
45. Visit Key West
46. Put all videos on dvds
47. Videotape the children 3x per month (0/32)
48. Do the Breast Cancer 3 day walk
49. Get a tattoo
50. Write to Rob & Tiffany 3x per month (0/32)
51. Reverse tithe once a year (0/3)
52. Take the family to see snow
53. Have professional family pictures taken
54. Visit Granny 2x per month (0/32)
55. Visit in laws 2x per month (0/32) in person and not @ Granny's
56. Spend 1 day per month cleaning @ Nana's house (0/32)
57. Visit Nana & Papa 2x per month (0/32)
58. Get in home hyperbaric chamber for Logan.
59. Teach both children how to sew
60. Learn to fly fish
61. Go fly fishing in Montana
62. Get rid of 101 things that we no longer use or need (0/101)
63. Bring dinner to one family from church every month (0/32)