Mercury Containing Vaccine Clinic Closed on Account of Mercury
Posted Dec 05 2009 4:41pm
A school vaccine clinic in Warwick R.I. had to be shut down this week because someone spilled mercury and a hazmat team needed to be called in.
Because we all know that mercury on the ground is dangerous while mercury in a child's veins is safe and even recommended by CDC and AAP.
News reports say that a thermometer was accidentally broken, so the cafeteria where the vaccine clinic was being held had to be evacuated.
Spill causes scare at local H1N1 clinic Gym evacuated after mercury spills onto floor
Updated: Saturday, 05 Dec 2009, 2:39 AM EST Published : Saturday, 05 Dec 2009, 2:38 AM EST WEST WARWICK, R.I. (WPRI) - A chemical spill causes a hazmat scare at a local H1N1 clinic.
A thermometer accidentally broke Friday afternoon spilling mercury onto the floor of the gym at the Greenbush School in West Warwick.
The gym had to be evacuated.
It took crews hours to clean up that spill.
But what do you think the chances are of a mercury thermometer being used in a school in 2009? Haven't these gone the way cigarette ads and seat belts that buckle in the middle?
Might not the most likely source of a mercury spill during an H1N1 vaccine clinic be the H1N1 Vaccine itself?
Because as I called to your attention last month , these shots, being given to children, if spilled on the ground are legally required to be cleaned up by a hazmat team. As a reminder
"the mercury concentration in the H1N1 and seasonal flu shots is exponentially larger than what is considered hazmat material. A comparison of mercury concentrations from Pediatrics 0.5 parts per billion (ppb) mercury = Kills human neuroblastoma cells (Parran et al., Toxicol Sci 2005; 86: 132-140).
2 ppb mercury = U.S. EPA limit for drinking water http://www.epa.gov/safewater/contaminants/index.html#mcls
200 ppb mercury = level in liquid the EPA classifies as hazardous waste. http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/hazwaste/mercury/regs.htm#hazwaste
25,000 ppb mercury = Concentration of mercury in the Hepatitis B vaccine, administered at birth in the U.S., from 1990-2001.
50,000 ppb Mercury = Concentration of mercury in multi-dose DTaP and Haemophilus B vaccine vials, administered 4 times each in the 1990's to children at 2, 4, 6, 12 and 18 months of age. Current "preservative" level mercury in multi-dose flu (94% of supply), meningococcal and tetanus (7 and older) vaccines. This can be confirmed by simply analyzing the multi- dose vials.
In my home state of Maine mercury disposal is regulated by The Hazardous Waste Rules Chapter 850 Maine Department of Environmental Protection
Chapter 850: IDENTIFICATION OF HAZARDOUS WASTES
B. Identification of hazardous wastes by characteristics
(5) Characteristic of toxicity
(b) A waste that exhibits the characteristic of toxicity has the EPA Hazardous Waste Number specified in Table I which corresponds to the toxic contaminant causing it to be hazardous.
Table I. Maximum Concentration of Contaminants for the Toxicity Characteristic
What this means is that if you took one of the vaccines being injected into the children at my son's elementary school outside and squirted it onto the pavement, a hazmat rules would be triggered and a hasmat team must be called in to clean it up."
So is this what happened? Did the school comply with the law and call hazmat in to clean up a thimerosal containing vaccine spill and then lie about it, telling the public that it was a thermometer so that they would not see the violent absurdity of injecting hazardous material into children?
Any one near Warwick wanna follow this up and find a witness to this "thermometer" accident?
UPDATE Apparently Deirdre Imus is asking the same questions
Deirdre also points out that mercury thermometers were banned in Rhode Island seven years ago. from RI.gov on their exchange program for mercury thermometers
As of January 2002, Rhode Island legislators passed a law to ban the sale of mercury-containing fever thermometers.
There is not a snowball's chance in Hawaii that there was an HG thermometer in that school cafeteria in December of 2009.