Health knowledge made personal
WellPage for Uremic Poisoning Brought On By Acute Nephritis
+ Bookmark › Share
Go
Search posts:

Uremic Poisoning Brought On By Acute Nephritis - Articles

HALLOWEEN, DOGS HELP HUMANS, AND POISONINGS.... by Helpful Buckeye Doctor of Veterinary MedicineHealth Maven Posted Sun 24 Oct 2010 12:00am Halloween is almost here and, yes, Halloween ranks right up there at the top of the list (along with the 4th of July) as the holiday during which most cats and dogs either get lost or get into trouble. Helpful Buckeye covered these risks in detail in our Halloween issue of Questions On Dogs and Cats 2 years ago and some of those highlights b ... Read on »
Mercury -- How to Get this Lethal Poison Out of Your Body by Mark Hyman, M.D. Medical Doctor Posted Wed 09 Sep 2009 10:12pm If you are heavy, it could be making you sick and tired and age prematurely. And I don't mean heavy with fat ... I mean heavy with heavy metals -- like mercury! Unfortunately, toxic mercury problems are common. Along with polar bears, beluga whales, ducks, otters, panthers, and all river fish as well as most large ocean fish, we humans are ... Read on »
Poison. P-P-P-Poison. by Melissa J. Posted Tue 05 Jul 2011 2:15pm I encourage you to read this fascinating and wildly entertaining article called Death in the Pot . It takes a look at the early 20th century work of Harvey Washington Wiley, a “crusading chemist” from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. His mission was to investigate potential toxins added to the nation’s manufactured food supply to make those ... Read on »
COMMON POISONS AND YOUR PETS by Helpful Buckeye Doctor of Veterinary MedicineHealth Maven Posted Fri 07 Aug 2009 12:12pm Now that summer has arrived for the whole country, your pets will be having more opportunities for exposure to poisonous substances, some outdoors and some indoors. Even though a lot of poisonings can be treated if caught early enough, it is still much better for your pets if they NEVER have the chance to be exposed. The ASPCA has been a longt ... Read on »
How to Spot Poison Ivy and Poison Oak by Robert Davis Patient Expert Posted Tue 27 Jul 2010 7:32am If you play golf as poorly as I do, you're probably confronted with this question: Is it really worth going into that clump of green leafy plants to get my golf ball back? Go ahead and laugh, but there are three possibilities when you go after a golf ball in the summer, and two of them are bad: You could find your ball, you could find your ball ... Read on »
National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week: 10 Lead Poisoning Prevention Tips by Susan H. Patient ExpertFacebook Posted Sun 24 Oct 2010 3:54am It’s National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, and the California Poison Control System ( www.calpoison.org ) is warning consumers that lead can be found in a variety of products available to children. “Lead poisoning is an important cause of learning disabilities, anemia, as well as growth problems, and children exposed to lead may have attent ... Read on »
To Poison Myself on Wednesday—Or Not to Poison Myself on Wednesday by Rebecca .. Patient Expert Posted Fri 26 Mar 2010 7:53pm After I posted my last blog entry about deciding to quit getting chemo to treat my sarcoidosis, I’ve been questioned by friends, family, and Chronic Town readers. “Are you going to get chemo next week?” was the one consistent response that I got from the piece. It’s a good question. When I wrote “ Even I Have Limits ,” I made specific my ... Read on »
MSG-eezle McPoison Part 3: By Any Other Name, It’s Still Poison by Making Love In The Kitchen Healthy Living Professional Posted Wed 22 Sep 2010 3:00am MSG like aspartame, is a form of exito-toxin. Excitotoxins are chemicals that excite the brain cells, causing them to fire rapidly, and then suddenly die. This chemical was first added to food after World War II and since then has been added by the food industry in dramatically increasing concentrations. MSG works by magnifying the taste of foo ... Read on »
Arsenic: In Search of an Antidote to a Global Poison by Environmental Health Posted Tue 31 May 2005 9:00pm Arsenic: In Search of an Antidote to a Global Poison Formal Correction: This article has been formally corrected to address the following errors. Jump to ... Read on »
Duty to Warn: The Synthetic Sweetener Splenda is a Poisonous Chlorocarbon. by Stephen Tvedten Patient Expert Posted Tue 29 Sep 2009 10:53pm Duty to Warn: The Synthetic Sweetener Splenda is a Poisonous Chlorocarbon By Gary G. Kohls, MD “Splenda” is the branded name of the popular synthetic sweetener and food additive whose generic name is “sucralose”. Both very sweet-sounding names have been cunningly invented by some Food, Inc marketing team. But, the most chemically accurate term ... Read on »