Health knowledge made personal
WellPage for Breast Cancer And Ovarian Cancer
+ Bookmark › Share
Go
Search posts:

Breast Cancer And Ovarian Cancer - Articles

Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancer vaccine by Dave W Healthy Living ProfessionalFacebook Posted Wed 09 Nov 2011 4:02am A trial of 26 patients found that a vaccine administered monthly to women led to a survival rate of almost 14 months for breast cancerAbnormal, uncontrolled cell division resulting in a malignant tumour that may invade surrounding tissues or spread to distant parts of the body. and 15 months for ovarianrelating t ... Read on »
Study Reveals Genomic Similarities between Breast Cancer and Ovarian Cancers by Medline Plus Posted Mon 24 Sep 2012 9:34am Source: National Cancer Institute, National Human Genome Research Institute - Related MedlinePlus Pages: Breast Cancer , Ovarian Cancer Read on »
Hereditary Ovarian & Breast Cancer by Lisa E. L. Patient Expert Posted Thu 19 Nov 2009 10:02pm Yesterday in San Francisco, thousands of people turned out for the Race for the Cure, a fundraising event put on by the Susan G. Koman Foundation for breast cancer awareness. Every year with few exceptions I have raced in honor of my mother, who was first diagnosed with breast cancer at age 35. She is a testament to what it means to be a surviv ... Read on »
Genes and Breast Cancer by Elizabeth Leis Patient Expert Posted Thu 17 Sep 2009 10:33pm By Deb Kirkland, RN, BSN, MPH Nurse Navigator, Herman & Walter Samuelson Breast Center at Northwest Hospital Cancer is caused by mutations in our genes. Sometimes our body can repair these changes, but other times it cannot. About 90 percent of cancers result from changes that occur over our lifetime. The other 7-10 percent of breast cancer ... Read on »
BRCA1 and BRCA2: Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing by Cancer.gov Posted Thu 28 May 2009 9:00pm BRCA1 and BRCA2: Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing Key Points BRCA1 and BRCA2 are human genes that belong to a class of genes known as tumor suppressors. Mutation of these genes has been linked to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (see Question 1 ). A woman's risk of devel ... Read on »
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by Madsweat Health Maven Posted Mon 01 Oct 2012 9:32pm This October, Madsweat is proud to sponsor National Breast Cancer Awareness Month — a time to promote regular mammograms and increase early detection of breast cancer. About 1 in 8 women in the United States will get breast cancer. Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common kind of cancer in women. Mammograms can help find breast ... Read on »
"Cancer-free" baby born in UK: what's wrong with this picture? by Linda MacDonald Glenn Healthy Living ProfessionalHealth Maven Posted Wed 14 Jan 2009 5:04pm So: today's news reports that the first "cancer-free" baby has been born. "What's this?" you ask. "Isn't it awfully rare for babies to have cancer?" Yep. Especially breast cancer, which is more common in older women. But the genetic test to identify known breast-cancer-causing mutations has been around for some time. Now, for the first time, it ... Read on »
Recent Research Revealing A New Study Model To Calculate Risk Of Cancer by Len S. Patient Expert Posted Tue 17 Sep 2013 3:00am Bel Marra Health, who offers high-quality, specially formulated vitamins and nutritional supplements, reports on a recent study revealing a more accurate cancer risk model to calculate risk. As Bel Marra Health reports in its article, (http://www.belmarrahealth.com/cancer/how-to-calculate-your-cancer-risk/) approximately 1 in 8 American w ... Read on »
Estrogen and Breast Cancer Recurrence by Brenda Coffee Health Maven Posted Mon 10 Oct 2011 3:12pm   ©Survivorship Media Network, LLC. All rights reserved.  “Sugar and spice and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of…” The writer of this popular children’s rhyme forgot a key ingredient, estrogen, the hormone that turns sugar and spice into curvy hips and breasts. Estrogen is great until it runs out, as in “I’m menopau ... Read on »
Ovarian & Breast Cancer Awareness Months by USA.gov Posted Fri 17 Sep 2010 6:06am   September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month , which is followed by National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. It’s fitting these two are back-to-back, as women who get one are often at risk for the other. Breast ca ... Read on »