What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Roller Garage Doors?
Posted Apr 29 2013 5:12am
If you have a car, then you know the importance of having a garage door at home. A garage door serves as a safety tool for your car. It is not only use to safeguard the car, but as well as make the home more stylish and fashionable. Hence, it is important choose the best garage door for a single mistake can lead to big problems.
There are so many types of garage doors available in the market today, but one of the most preferred choices is roller garage door. The roller garage doors are more convenient to use, effective, and very useful. However, there are so many things you need to keep in mind when purchasing a roller garage door. This article focuses on the advantages as well as disadvantages of roller garage doors .
The advantages of roller garage door
· The roller garage door is undeniably more secured than other types of garage doors. Most roller garage doors nowadays have automated system wherein you can remotely close and open the door. This type of garage door is user-friendly and easy to operate.
· The roller garage door consumes lesser space as opposed to other types of garage doors. It moves upwards and folds automatically so lesser space will be consumed thereby giving your garage more driveway space.
· Improved insurance premium is one of the top advantages of using roller garage door. As you know, roller garage door is more secured than its competitors. This alone can lead to auto insurance and home insurance improvement.
· It is a proven fact that roller garage doors are highly durable and sturdy. This type of door does not wear off easily. With its durability, it is safe to say that roller garage door is long lasting than its competitors.
· The roller garage door is simple and easy to use. It is easier to maintain and lesser maintenance cost.
The disadvantages of roller garage doors
· The market price of roller garage door is somewhat expensive. Some homeowners are hesitant to purchase this type of garage door, especially if they are out of budget.
· The roller garage door is quite difficult to install. Most of the time, you are required to hire the service of professionals just to make sure that the door will be correctly installed. A DIY manual is readily available, but it requires knowledge and skills to fully understand the manual.
· The repair cost is quite expensive too because roller garage doors are consist of different parts including the wheels, cables, springs, and tracks. A single malfunction can totally affect the efficient of the door. Hence, immediate repair is needed which will cost you significant amount of money.
Despite the disadvantages, a lot of people still prefer roller garage door as it is functional and stylish at the same time. It is quite expensive, but it will surely worth your money. With proper care and maintenance, the roller garage door can actually last for a lifetime. You don’t have to purchase a garage door over and over again.