3June 25, 2009Thursday Thirteen – Thirteen reasons why I had no idea what I was going to do for my Thursday Thirteen
Posted Jun 25 2009 12:00am
1. Darn RA and Fibro – All I was thinking about was the muscle and knee pain and Tylenol P.M. I took that left me all drowsy.
2. My phone rang 20 times today and it is only noon.
3. I was twittering about how desperately I need a vacation.
4. My kids and my husband nagged me all morning and now my husband is calling at work.
5. I went to Walmart around 9 p.m., came home around 10, andI talked my husband to sleep. I was trying to tell him about my miserable day and he fell asleep – men! They sleep through everything.
5. I actually did some work and cleaned someone else’s mess (a document that no one could repair, but Super Mom to the rescue!)
6. I Twittered some more about how much I need a vacation.
7. I got some more work done. Wahoo!
8. I talked to one of the ladies at work about dish detergent- wow, conversation dish detergent – I have no life!
9. I was thinking about what I would make for dinner and then, I decided to a email a lady I work with my fabulous Mediterranean Lentil Salad and a summer veggie salad that I keep claiming as my own, but I actually found it on the internet and fell in love with it, so technically – it is mine. (See below for those recipes.)
10. I was thinking about the piles of laundry I have to do when I get home.
11. I was online trying to look at everyone else’s Thursday Thirteens and still have no idea what my Thursday Thirteen should be about.
12. I was chatting with a coworker about the Category 1 hurricane that hit Mexico and how we were worried about my boss who was on his honeymoon there but five minutes after that conversation, he emailed me all worried about a case and responded by telling him that it was taken care and to stop bugging me and go back to his new wife.
13. I was wondering what everyone who read my Thursday Thirteen would think since I am slowly writing of blogging ideas. Save me!
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
1 cup dry brown lentils
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon or 2 – dry oregano (if you have fresh around, even better)
1/4 cup chopped mint
2 tablespoons lemon juice & 1 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
large chopped tomato
1. In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic.. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
2. Drain lentils and vegetables. Add olive oil, lemon juice, celery, parsley, tomato, oregano, mint, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
Summer Veggie Salad
This makes about six servings
½ cup salad oil (I use olive oil, my friend Rhonda gave me this recipe and she uses canola oil)
¼ cup vinegar (I use balsamic)
Salt and pepper
About two cups broccoli (I dice them up)
1 cucumber chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 cup of red onions.
Combine oil, vinegar, salt & pepper in a separate bowel
Mix all the veggies in a salad bowel
Power the oil, vinegar dressing in the salad and toss well.
Cover and Chill for about three hours in the and stir occasionally
Save some dressing for when you serve. Sometimes I just make extra.