2May 13, 2009Thursday Thirteen: Thirteen Things I am Grateful For and Appreciate About My Life
Posted May 13 2009 12:00am
Thursday Thirteen is usually my time to show off my nonsensical and sometimes even ridiculous/absurd/illogical/silly/ludicrous/preposterous love for the humor in my life and most of all, just to make you laugh/smile/go all hysterical, but today I am taking a different approach. I am going to show you a side of me you don’t usually see. This is who I am underneath that quite often crazy/wild/passionate/fanatical/extreme/foolish/idiotic/outrageous sense of humor.
Thirteen Things I am Grateful For and Appreciate About My Life
1. Being a mom
2. Being a wife
3. Being loved unconditionally and purely by my children
4. Being loved for who I am and not having to worry about being fat or skinny, whether beautiful or not, etc. from my husband who tells me everyday that he loves me because of my intelligence first and foremost.
5. That I was born in America – the greatest country in the world.
6. Being able to provide for my family and both my husband and I being employed and being able to weather the storm for the months that my husband was unemployed.
7. Waking up every morning and being able to enjoy way what life has offer.
8. Being healthy – Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia will not stop me from enjoying my life.
9. My faith and my belief in God and his power to watch over me and guide me every day.
10. My strength and my determination to always fight
11. My intelligence – something most people often forget about in themselves. It is something that I remind myself everyday. It is a gift that I have been given and I am forever grateful for it.
12. Lessons in my life that made me the person I am today.
13. Getting older – I love it. I love that getting older means being better, stronger and wiser.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.John Locke
Don’t forget to check out the “What Kind of Mom Are You?” survey to your right.