This is a Kundalini Yoga technique that I found on the website www.AnmolMehta.com On the website are a variety of free yoga and meditation techniques. As
always, before you start any exercise program check with your primary
Fear Fighting Yoga Cat Technique Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Fear Fighting Cat Technique:
* Come onto the floor on all fours. Make sure your hands are directly
under your shoulders, about shoulder width apart and knees are directly
under your hips, about hip distance apart.
* Next bring your head down and your chin towards your chest as you arch your back up like a cat.
* After coming into cat pose inhale fully then EXHALE and HOLD YOUR
BREATH OUT. With your breath held out, start to pump your stomach as
many times as you can at about 1 pump a second or a little faster.
Pumping your stomach means to pull/suck in your stomach front wall
towards your spine and then releasing it.
* Do as many
pumps as you can with your breath held out and then take a deep
inhalation, then exhale completely once more and repeat the cycle. Do
as many cycles as you like.
b. Duration for Fear Fighting Cat Technique:
* 1 minute - 11 minutes.
c. Benefits of Fear Fighting Cat Technique:
* Helps fight fears and clears the diaphragm and abdominal region of emotional garbage. * Very good for the digestive system. * It helps expand and build the nervous system.
* When the exhale/pump phase is done for longer periods of time, it can
help one fight the fear of death and build in one great courage and
d. Practice Tips for Fear Fighting Cat Technique:
* Initially do not overdo this exercise. Only hold your breath out for as long as comfortable.
* Once you feel stronger and confident, hold your breath and try to
stay relaxed even as panic comes to the system due to breath
deprivation. Please be intelligent and use common sense here and DO
NOT push too much.