Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Can you get benefits for having Agoraphobia?

Posted Jun 16 2010 12:06pm

If someone had Agoraphobia or Social Anxiety or some other condition, can they receive money benefits?

It depends upon the severity of the condition. Social Security’s (and SSIs) definition of disability is "an inability to perform substantial and gainful work activity due to a physical or mental disability which has lasted or is expected to last for AT LEAST twelve months." You will have to contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1212 for the current definition of the "substantial and gainful work activity" amount. If you decide to file for benefits you can call that # and make an appointment. In the meantime, get together the names and addresses of your doctor’s and hospitals who have treated you for your condition.

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches