I deal with anxiety attacks and depression and would like to heal it naturally. Any suggestions?
I used to have anxiety attacks and still have them once in a while.
What helps me is:
1. Take long, deep breaths. It slows the heart beat. I used to feel a warmth throughout my whole body, this is normal.
2. Drink Orange Blossom (very hot) or Valeriane herbal tea. It helps relax before you go to bed.
3. Take a hot bath. It knocks me right out.
4. Listen to self-hypnosis tape. It saved me from insanity many times. It is called "Relieves Stress and Anxiety" and you can find it at www.thepotentialsunlimited.com
When I had surgery last year I panicked again because I had weird reactions to pain killers and I listened to it about 4 times a day. I was glad I still had it after 15 years !!!
5. Get into meditation and yoga classes. You will learn A LOT of relaxation techniques. Or you can get a book on it.
6. Self-help classes would also help. Panick attacks are the result of repressed emotions and I am pretty sure if you dig inside yourself you will find stuff that will amaze you.
My panick attacks were the result of me, as a child, not knowing in which kind of a mood my alcoholic dad would be when he got home.
7. As weird as it sounds, stay away from refined sugar and coffee.
8. Stay away from negative people.
9. Do physical exercise. It stimulates the endorphins in your brain, endorphins are the pleasure hormone that are released when you exercise, listen to music or do pleasant activities.
10. Find your passion. Me, it was martial arts. It kept me busy enough to stop worrying. Life is much better when you are working towards a goals that you have at heart.
Lastly, if all that fails, which I doubt, I recommend you see a doctor. Your hormones might need some help to be balanced. Even if they put you on medication, tell yourself that this is temporary and that you will not need it for long.