Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Long-term care ombudsman can help with transitions

Posted May 07 2012 12:00am

Dear Carol: My mother has been in assisted living for several years. Now, her health is deteriorating and her assets have dwindled to almost nothing. I’m afraid moving her to a nursing home is the only choice. I’m not sure how to go about the change, or when to do this. The financial aspects worry me. Where do I start? Michael

Dear Michael: One of the best resources for information about transferring a resident from one type of facility to another is the long-term care ombudsman for your community. Besides advocating for people who are unhappy with nursing home or other long-term care, the long-term care ombudsman can help with transitional situations such as your issue with your mother. 

Read more about how LTC ombudsman can help with nursing home transitions:

Purchase Minding Our Elders: Caregivers Share Their Personal Stories – paperback or e-book



Post a comment
Write a comment: