Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:
Search posts:

Geriatric Care Managers Can Bridge Distance

Posted Apr 11 2010 12:00am

Dear Carol: I am an only child and live 600 miles from my elderly parents. They need some assistance, and I worry about them. I’m married, have a job and young children. My parents don’t want to move. How do I care for them and still keep my job and family life going? CeeCee

Dear CeeCee: There are so many adult children in your circumstances that a fairly new industry has evolved. Geriatric care managers, or care coordinators, can be hired to watch over the changing needs of your parents.

Read more about geriatric care managers on

Find care agencies in your loved one's community:

Jump start discussion in support groups: with real stories - for bulk orders e-mail Carol:

Post a comment
Write a comment:

Related Searches