Just in time for grilling season, I'll share one of our favorite chicken marinade recipes. I throw the chicken breasts in a container or zip-top bag with these ingredients as soon as I buy them. After I add the other ingredients, I make sure I grill (baking works too) them that day or the next. If not, it all goes in the freezer for an easy yummy meal another time. Check out my site, foodallergyassistant.com , for more allergy friendly recipes.
free of dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat and soy
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons mustard (the kind from a squeeze bottle)
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• ground black pepper to taste
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• In a gallon size reclosable bag, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture and marinate 8 hours, or overnight.
• Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat or preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Place chicken on the prepared (lightly oiled) grill, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear or bake for approximately 40 minutes until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Discard marinade.