Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

Any suggestions for SEVERE allergies for someone who's on high blood pressure meds?

Posted by allergiesinTX


We just moved from KS to TX and my husband is suffering!  Hot/cold "flashes", body aches, almost like flu, but it comes and goes depending on how much time he spends outside.  


Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first
It depends on exactly what meds he takes. If he's not on a beta-blocker class of medicine, then the best therapy is sublingual immunotherapy, aka allergy drops. He'll need to see an allergist or ENT doctor for this. If he is on a beta blocker, then traditional antihistamines are his best bet, though you should always check w your personal physician before you take and new medications to be sure its safe for you. 
NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: