Concerned About Your Child’s Drinking or Drug Use? Watch This!
Posted Feb 08 2011 10:10am
by Lisa Frederiksen
If you are in any way concerned about whether your teen’s drug or alcohol use is a problem, PLEASE watch the 22 minute program linked below. It is produced by HBO in collaboration with the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and it will answer questions, such as:
- How can you tell if it’s really a problem vs. just a “phase” they’ll grow out of?
- What makes for an effective treatment program for adolescents (why it’s not the same as treating adults)?
- What about marijuana — is it addictive?
- What if you used drugs/drank as a teen — are you being hypocritical telling your teen not to?
- What is meant about the adolescent brain being different than the adult brain?
- As a parent, what should I do?
Please watch — even if your child does not have a problem. It’s only 22 minutes, and it provides a wealth of information, just in case, some day, you need it. Trust me… you just never know.