Alcoholic Spouse? 8 Ways Your Spouse Abuses the Marriage
Posted Mar 05 2011 1:29pm
Here are 8 ways an alcoholic spouse is abusive to a marriage.
1. Your alcoholic spouse yells at you and throws a fit over something they think you should have done for them.
2. Your alcoholic spouse is very critical and negative with you in ways that damage your self-esteem.
3. Your alcoholic spouse has quit having sex with you and you have become like roommates.
4. Your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife completely ignores all your emotional needs. There is very little emotional intimacy and the relationship has become focused on your spouse’s needs.
5. Your alcoholic spouse has quit participating in the family. You feel like a single parent.
6. Your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife is having an affair.
7. Your alcoholic spouse has been unable to keep a job and your family is suffering financially.
8. Your spouse has even hit you when drunk.
Your spouse is unwilling to stop drinking alcohol. You have confronted your spouse about excessive drinking, but your comments land on deaf ears. You feel miserable and alone. Your stress level is over the top becuase the chance of your alcoholic spouse deciding to stop drinking alcohol is slim to none, All the frustration and arguing is affecting your mental and physical health. If there is physial abuse, you must leave and put your safety and your children’s safety first.
Even if there is no physical abuse, review the 7 ways your alcoholic is abusing the marriage and decide that it’s time to take action to improve your life and your feeling of self-worth. Your spouse’s excessive drinking is hurting YOU. How can you change your situation for the better?
If you want additional help turning your marriage around click here to register for my free report on, “ 5 Proven Methods For a Healthier Marriage With Your Alcoholic Spouse”. It may save your family’s life. The information in this report gives you very simple strategies that could very well save your marriage.