5 Reasons For Your Alcoholic Spouse To Avoid Pancreatitis
Posted Dec 14 2010 9:17pm
If your alcoholic spouse has had acute pancreatitis, it should be a wake up call to NEVER drink another drop of alcohol again. Alcohol and pancreatitis can be a deadly combination.
The pancreas is a gland that is located behind the stomach and secretes digestive juices (insulin and glucagon) which help digest food in the small intestine. If the digestive juices become active before they reach the small intestine, they start eating away at the pancreas itself.
Severe stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever are all signs of acute pancreatitis. If your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife has had pancreatitis, why is quitting drinking so important? Here are 5 reasons why you do not want your alcoholic spouse to get pancreatitis:
1. The number one cause of pancreatitis is drinking too much alcohol (70% of cases in the US are alcohol induced).
2. Half the patients that get admitted to the hospital with alcohol-induced pancreatitis die within 20 years (they get chronic pancreatitis).
3. For men, drinking more than 12 beers a day increases the risk of acute pancreatitis which can turn to chronic pancreatitis if they keep drinking any amount of alcohol.
4. Once your alcoholic husband or alcoholic wife has pancreatitis, they are much more likely to get it again.
5. Pancreatitis is potentially life threatening (and extremely painful). The death rate in mild acute pancreatitis is < 5%. However, when there is severe damage to the pancreas, the death rate can climb as high as 10 to 50%.
If your alcoholic spouse has had pancreatitis and continues to drink, that represents extreme denial. Sometimes, it takes 2 bouts of pancreatitis to scare an alcoholic into quitting drinking.
If you want additional help turning your marriage around click here to register for my free report on, “ 5 Proven Methods For a Healthier Marriage With Your Alcoholic Spouse”. It may save your family’s life. The information in this report gives you very simple strategies that could very well save your marriage