Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

phlegm in chest

Posted by deeg

-- my father is 81 yrs old and has a chest infection for the past  6 months. He is constantly spitting up phlegm - my mother says it smells bad and the his room now smells like vomit. He had triple by-pass surgery 23years ago, has RA (though I think it is burned out) and seems to have lost interest in his life. He lives in Ireland and we can't seem to get anyone to properly diagnose - he will undergo all these expensive tests with no diagnosis.  Any help is appreciated.
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

I"m not a physician and it seems your father has been to a physician.  It must be hard to be so far away - can you find a social servce agency/person close to him who could see him and talk to him - he may be depressed and/or in need of an advocate who can help him and help navigate the medical system there.  Social workers are good at this but I have no knowledge of the social service in Ireland.  Do you?  Or can you find a neighbor or friend there who can help you find someone?  I hope this helps.



NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: