Health knowledge made personal
Join this community!
› Share page:

How do I get assisted living equipment?

Posted by Be Well

How do I get assisted living equipment?
Answers (1)
Sort by: Newest first | Oldest first

The type of independent living equipment available includes products to assist:

  • mobility, for example, prosthetics, wheelchairs (usually for short-term loan), or walking frames,
  • bathing and showering,
  • home safety, for example, grab rails, ramps and alarms,
  • toileting, for example, commodes and raised toilet seats,
  • dressing and grooming, for example, wigs and pressure garments, and
  • communication, for people with sensory impairment.

Other kitchen, bedroom, living room and household equipment may also be available.

Equipment for independent living is usually provided by your local health authority, through your social worker or occupational therapist. Your doctor can refer you to either of these specialists.

NOTICE: The information provided on this site is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on Wellsphere. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
Post an answer
Write a comment: