Features and Maintenance Tips of a Toshiba PA3817U-1BRS Battery
Posted Jun 04 2014 8:07am
With the world going digital on all fronts, people are equally becoming demanding on the specifications and performance of all gadgets they buy. Aside from a gadget being fast and able to perform a gazillion tasks at once, the battery life of the gadget or device is what irks many as it determines how long they can be productive. Usually the more the tasks you perform on your laptop or computer, the more power your battery uses. Toshiba PA3817U-1BRS battery as experienced by several people has the ability to beat these odds and keep your laptop working for a long while.
Features of the battery
The battery is a 6 cell pack made of lithium ion which is rechargeable and its life has been enhanced and is also compatible with several other computers. It weighs 0.8 pounds and is 100% guaranteed to meet all its specifications.
This Toshiba battery has no memory effect, is equipped with an automatic detector that is smart, has top of the range PCB (printed circuit board) whose aim is to ensure stability and safety in performance and also discharges very well. The battery lasts for about 5 hours which is great if you move around a lot.
• On purchasing the battery for Toshiba PA3817U-1BRS, charge it for 12 hours to ensure it’s fully charged before you use it as it normally comes totally discharged. This will ensure you get the full benefits of the battery.
• Always remove your battery when your laptop is plugged on a power source especially if it has been charged and discharged about 500 times as this will further increase its life which diminishes the more you charge it.
• Avoid keeping the battery inactive for long as this will reduce its life span and keep it charged when not in use.
• Charge for a maximum of one hour and remove the plug once it’s full and use it up to about 10-15% before recharging.
• Dim your screen when using to conserve energy and when the machine is inactive or sleeping run the processor at a slower speed and spin the hard drive down to achieve the same.
When it comes to the Toshiba PA3817U-1BRS adapter, care should also be extended by unplugging it from the power source when not charging as it may over heat. This adapter comes in two pieces which you join to charge your laptop and it’s also long enough and therefore can be used in various positions.