100 Tips About Life, People, and Happiness (Part 2)
Posted Jan 23 2012 9:38am
To continue from my last post, part 1 of 100 Tips About Life, People, and Happiness……..here is part 2 and the remaining 50 tips;
51. But also, help people who have never helped you, and can’t.
52. When you know that pain is temporary, it affects all of your decisions.
53. Get a tattoo. Don’t worry about regret.
54. Commit to things, regularly, that are far beyond your ability.
55. Meet with friends more often than you think you have to.
56. Learn to meditate. Go on a retreat if you have to.
57. Your stories are both more and less interesting than you think.
58. Learn to really listen.
59. Walk more.
60. Ugly is just a step on the way to beautiful.
61. Get to know your neighbours.
62. Don’t take anything personally, ever.
63. Consider avoiding school. Go to lots of conferences instead.
64. As soon as you can, buy some art.
65. Apologize more than you need to.
66. Find out if there will be food there.
67. A good haircut changes everything.
68. Read Man’s Search For Meaning.
69. Say no to projects you don’t care about.
70. Do things that are uncool. Later on, they usually end up becoming cool anyway.
71. Find your voice.
72. Have some manners.
73. Learn to play chess, go, and bridge. They’ll keep you from going senile.
74. Learn about the Tetrapharmakos.
75. Find ways to cheat the system– just don’t cheat people.
76. Be like Jesus, not like his followers. (This applies to all of them.)
77. At least once, date someone that’s out of your league.
78. Examine your jealousy. You’ll learn a lot about yourself.
79. Good connections are about people, not social networks.
80. Address small problems. They will become big problems.
81. Dress like a cooler version of yourself.
82. Yes, there is such a thing as bad press.
83. Add “adventurer” to your Twitter bio. Then, become one.
84. If the internet is the best thing in your life, you have a serious problem.
85. Give away your best work for free.
86. Find mentors. Just don’t call them that.
87. Actually write on your blog. Nobody cares if it’s hard.
88. Download Freedom. Use it for an hour every day.
89. Join a gym. Lift the heaviest you can. (This applies to girls too.)
90. Do some freewriting. It helps you think things through.
91. When you’re having supper with rich people, pick up the cheque.
92. Learn how to speak in public.
93. If you see someone who needs help, stop asking yourself if they need help. Instead, just help.
94. Bring a bottle of wine.
95. The best conversations are had side by side, not one in front of the other.
96. Protect your hearing. Trust me.
97. Do what’s most important first thing in the morning, before you check email.
98. Everyone feels like they’re not good enough. It’s not just you.
99. Courage is a learned skill.
100. Go to Iceland. It’s worth it.