100 Tips About Life, People, and Happiness (Part 1)
Posted Jan 20 2012 10:21am
Happiness……that never ending quest that comes easy for some, and eludes others. I recently came across an enjoyable online read that helped to put life into prospective, while also tying in to ADD/ADHD a little bit too. Many of these 100 tips just might be a simple way to help manage ADD.
1. True wisdom and insight is always free.
2. Give your power over to no one.
3. Going into the unknown is how you expand what is known.
4. Get a library card.
5. Spend more time around people that both challenge and respect you.
6. Remain skeptical forever.
7. Fight for what matters.
8. There is a method that works. Find it.
9. Join a movement.
10. Drink your coffee black.
11. Never let anyone photoshop a picture of you. It creates a false sense of self-confidence.
12. Read more. Especially things you disagree with.
13. Get used to feeling stupid. It’s a sign of growth.
14. It’s easy for people to talk a good game, so watch how they behave instead.
15. Learn something from everyone.
16. Find things that inspire you and pursue them, even if there’s no money in it.
17. Starve if you have to, for as long as you need to.
18. Survive on a little just to prove you can do it.
19. Get one big success at an early age. It’ll help build your confidence for bigger things.
20. Do what you say you’ll do. No one is reliable anymore.
21. Be comfortable with abandonment, even of parts of your identity.
22. Learn a new language.
23. Eat more protein.
24. Keep people around you that will tell you the truth.
25. Genius gets you nowhere. Execution is everything.
26. If given the choice of equity or cash, always take cash.
27. Meet new people as often as possible. Offer to help them.
28. Don’t discriminate. Connect anyone in your network to anyone else.
29. If you can’t do a pull-up, you have a problem.
30. Nobody likes a know-it-all.
31. Get a passport. Fill it up with stamps no one has ever seen.
32. Quit your horrible job.
33. Read biographies. It’s like having access to the best mentors in history.
34. Go to bed, and wake up, early. No one will bother you, letting your best work emerge.
35. Scare yourself a little bit every day. It will expand your inner map.
36. Learn to climb trees.
37. Don’t buy a lot of stuff, and only buy the stuff you really love.
38. Be humble and curious.
39. Twitter followers don’t keep you warm at night.
40. Be as useful as you can in as many circumstances as possible.
41. Show up.
42. Repeat people’s names when you meet them.
43. Turn internet access off your phone. Wifi is fine.
44. Get a deck of Oblique Strategies cards. Use them.
45. Make your home a place where you feel safe.
46. Take people up on bets. Make more bets yourself.
47. Take cold showers. They’re better than coffee.
48. Learn to enjoy hunger.
49. Make everything either shorter, or longer, than it needs to be.
50. Always remember those who helped you. Deliver two or three times as much value back.